Nine to Five

Awesome 8.7 / 10

Share on facebook Share on Twitter
Nine to Five Slot

Nine to Five Free Demo Play

Nine To Five is an online slot from Nolimit City about the so-called RatRace™. From behind your little desk, you try to work yourself up to the ivory tower. For many, this is all but too close to home, unlike the provider’s other slots games. So don’t expect a madhouse like in Mental or dead musicians from The Crypt.

The Best Online Casinos & Bonuses to Play Nine to Five for Real Money

Nine to Five - Slot Review

In Nine To Five, you will encounter three of the Nolimit features. These are xNudge, xWays and xBet. These work just the same as in their other slots. Next, God Mode is an inside track to get the maximum win, but at a high price.

The theoretical payout percentage is 96.03%. The extremely high variance is represented by the Volatility Insane label. Since Nolimit City is one of our favorite providers, we can’t wait to explore the slot machine. You can read how Nine To Five came out of the test in this slot review.

Upon opening Nine To Five, you are greeted by a dull computer screen with 5 reels and 4 rows. In this, the Win All Ways principle applies. So you don’t have to choose any paylines and can start playing immediately after you choose a bet. This can be from $0.20 to $280.

Nine to Five

In losing spins, you will occasionally get to see a special screen.

The same symbols do not have to be on a particular payline. As long as they are on connecting reels, starting on the far left, this is sufficient. There are 8 paying and 4 special symbols you can encounter.

The low-paying symbols of Nine To Five are a fax machine, tainted lunchbox, old coffee and stapler. Next, you have four characters with names like Medi Ocre, Every Dave, Woo Tang and Mana Gerk. The latter has a golden edge and pays out 0.75 to 4 times your bet on 3 to 5 symbols.

Bonus features of Nine To Five

Nolimit City has several features that you will see recurring. In addition, they have also incorporated other bonus features in Nine To Fine. Which ones these are, what they do and how to trigger them, you can read below.

Positive & Negative points of Nine to Five

Positive points

  • Dark humor
  • Lots of bonus features
  • Interesting theme

Negative points

  • Low maximum profit
  • Insane Volatility

Wild Symbol

Nine To Five’s Wild symbol is very frustrating. When it lands in your play area on reels 2 to 5, the batch is scanned. If it is accepted, it is a Wild with Multiplier between x1 and x5. Otherwise, your entry is rejected and it is a dead symbol with no function.

xNudge Wild

We always like to see Nolimit’s xNudge symbols pass by. This is because these are 1 reel high and push themselves all over your playing area. For each push they receive a x1 Multiplier. In this case, 0 to 9 additional Nudges can follow. And if you have several of them in your playfield, they multiply each other for a large xNudge value. You’ll encounter them on reels 2 to 5.


The next symbol you may encounter is the xWays. This turns into one of the eight paying symbols with an x2, x3 or x4. This is the number of Ways it will contribute if it is part of the winning combination.

Free Spins Bonus

What you are hoping for in Nine To Five is to “Climb The Corporate Ladder. You do this by collecting Scatters on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 that each contain one of these words. With 3 Scatters, you win 10 Middle Management Spins. With 4 Scatters, you have 12 Ivory Tower Spins in your hand.

During Middle Management Spins, three new symbols appear on the reels. The Layoff symbol gives you +1 for an overall Multiplier of the Free Spins bonus game. A Lawsuit lowers this Multiplier by -1. Overtime provides an extra spin, and if you have two in your play area, you make the switch to Ivory Tower Spins.

In Ivory Tower Spins, Layoff symbols are exchanged for Tech Layoff. For each Layoff symbol, the value of your next Tech Layoff is doubled. Lawsuits additionally change to Ctrl+Alt+Del which divides the value of your next Tech Layoff by 4.

Lawsuit and Ctrl+Alt+Del symbols always trigger first for Layoff and Tech Layoff symbols. Your winnings from the bonus game are multiplied by the Multiplier you have at the end of the round.

Nine to Five compared to 4 other NoLimit City slots

Slot nameRTPMax. winMin. betMax. bet
Nine to Five96%9,217x$0.20$280
DJ Psycho96%25,420x$0.20$32
Misery Mining94%70,000x$0.20$100
Evil Goblins96.1%31,969x$0.20$100
Legion X94%31,000x$0.20$100

xBet and Bonus Buy

To more than double your chances of winning Free Spins, there is xBet. For this, you pay an extra 10% without adjusting payouts. So a $1 bet becomes $1.10. The downside is that the last reel is locked in. Only Scatters on this reel count.

If you click on the golden star to the left of your play area, you will be shown the Bonus Buy menu. For 75 times the bet you buy Middle Management Spins, for 200 times the bet Ivory Tower Spins and for 125 times the bet you have a 60% chance of Middle Management and 40% of Ivory Tower.

The most expensive option is to trigger God Mode. This will cost you 1,370 times the bet, but then you guarantee that a 5×4 ‘Symbol Not Found’ block will fall into your play area. If it is fully visible, you win ‘Big Win Not Found’. That’s the maximum win of Nine To Five is worth 9,217 times your bet.


With 3 Scatters, you win 10 Middle Management Spins. For this, a Multiplier is active that increases with each Layoff symbol and decreases with the Lawsuit symbol. Overtime symbols give you an extra spin and at two you get an upgrade to Ivory Tower Spins.

Nine To Five works with the Win All Ways mechanism, giving you a total of 1,024 Win Ways in the playing area. Matching symbols only have to be on connecting reels.

The maximum win of Nine To Five is 9,217 times your bet. You can achieve this while playing or in God Mode by getting the ‘Symbol Not Found’ block all over your playing field. For an Insane Volatility slot machine, however, this value is too low.

Nine To Five’s RTP is 96.03%. With this, Nolimit City follows the current trend of slots with a payout percentage around 96%.

Software Nolimit City
Slot Types Video Slots
Reels 5x4
Paylines Win All Ways
Slot Game Features Bonus Buy, Buffalo Mechanic, Free Spins, Multipliers, Nudge feature, Scatters, Stacked symbols, Wild Symbol
Min. Bet 0.20
Max. Bet 280
Slot Themes American
Slot RTP 96%
devices Mobile versionTablet versionDesktop version
Nine to Five Slot by Nolimit City

About the author

Kate Ko

Kate Ko / Games editor

last updated

Kate joined CorrectCasinos' game team in the late 2021. She's here to find and review all new and upcoming slots titles, so you can just enjoy their free play.

Similar slots

best online casinos

Most popular