Conan the Barbarian is a 6-reel, 25-payline slot. It uses the pay both ways mechanics and accepts bets in the range 0.20 – £200 per spin. Design-wise, Conan is flawless, but that should not come as a surprise to NetEnt fans as studio designers are well-known for their meticulous attention to detail. Feature-wise, Conan is capable of keeping you on the edge of your seat for quite some time.
The symbols you will land on the reels include low-value lions, falcons, and snakes as well as swords, and helmets that are slightly better payers. Expectedly, Valeria, Thoth-Amon, and Conan are the premium symbols.
The reel set itself is divided into three sections and each of them has its own specific feature:
- Reels 1 and 2 – If you land blue tower wild, it turns into an expanding wild
- Reels 3 and 4 – If you land mystery symbols, they transform into randomly chosen matching symbols. If the mystery symbol appears stacked, the mystery multiplier feature is activated and you get up to x7 multiplier. If you land a mystery symbol along with a blue tower wild on reels 1 and 2, the Thoth Amon feature is triggered and up to 6 mystery symbols are added on the reels.
- Reels 5 and 6 – If you land a red battle wild, it turns into an expanding wild and covers up to 3 positions
During the base game, the reels in the different sections may be randomly lit up which means the Linked Reels feature is activated and the linked reels produce matching symbol arrangements that boost your payout.
Land 3, 4 or 5 or 6 scatters to get 10, 15, 25 or 50 free spins, respectively. Then, you will have to pick the bonus feature with the preferred volatility.
- City of Thieves – medium variance; tower wilds randomly appear and turn into expanding wilds
- Temple of the Serpent – high volatility; mystery symbols may appear on all reels. If you land the required number of mystery symbols, the Thoth Amon feature is activated
- Walls of Tarantia – medium volatility; battle wilds expand three positions sideways
NetEnt fans never settle for less than what they deserve. The slots creators seem to be aware of that as they always go the extra mile to make sure each new slot outperforms the previous in terms of features and design. That being said, some players may consider the Conan gameplay a bit too overwhelming. It all comes down to personal preferences whether you will give Conan a spin or a couple of hundreds. September 24 is just around the corner, and we will update this review once the slot goes live.