The Aesir domain is threatened, Thor and the other Nordic gods are spread throughout the kingdoms fighting the danger. Only Odin remains to keep the hexagonal gate standing to protect the world. Join his cause in Odin: Protector of the Realms slot developed in July 2021 by Play N Go.
The theme of Norse mythology is not a new element in the selection of games from the publisher Play N Go, nor is the presence of Odin for that matter, which we have already seen in action in Ring of Odin or Viking Runecraft. Play N Go designers have learned to exploit this theme skillfully so that the adventure is always exciting and new, here we will rediscover the hexagonal layout of the grid and multiple unique features with forged rings and Odin’s powers.
You will notice the unusual presence of a hexagonal grid consisting of 37 symbols spread over an interface of 4-5-6-7-6-5-4 rows. Symbols will fall into the grid to create wins in the form of Cluster Wins; it will take 5 or more of the same symbol connected adjacently to release a win. Winning symbols are removed and new ones are added to fill in the gaps and can form new wins in a row.
You’ll start by choosing a bet for each spin, which ranges from $0.20 to $100 per spin.
The low-pay symbols are represented by the rune stones and high-paying symbols represented by the Mjöllnir, the sword, the shield and the foghorn and Thor’s hammer. Odin’s golden scepter is a wild substitute for all the symbols in the game, and will be a great help in forming wins more easily.
Ring Meter & Forged Ring
Each win fills the Ring Meter with the winning symbols. By fully loading the Ring Meter, you will unlock one of the Forged Ring features that allows you to win big.
There are 3 levels:
- Bronze Forged which activates with 30 winning symbols;
- Silver Forged with 70 winning symbols;
- Gold Forged with 120 winning symbols collected.
When a charge level is completed, the Forged Ring feature will activate creating a new pattern filled with symbols in the center of the grid to create a new winning group:
- Bronze Forged: creates a minimum group of 7 symbols.
- Silver Forged: creates a minimum group of 12 to 19 symbols.
- Gold Forged: creates a minimum group of 20 to 37 symbols.
Odin will not stand still and can unleash his powers at any time on the reels during losing spins. Here are his various actions:
- Wisdom: Upgrades the center symbol to a better symbol or a Wild before the Forged Ring mode occurs.
- Power: Destroys 2 random symbol types to more easily trigger wins and bring you closer to a Forged Ring charge feature.
- Glory: Awards 2-8 Random Wilds on the grid during a losing spin.
The average volatility and 94.2% RTP is something to be aware of when playing, we’ve seen better results from this point of view, but the bonus features will counteract this as will the 5000x bet winnings that can be produced if you achieve a Cluster of 37 winning symbols.