As you might have noticed, there is no shortage or Irish-themed slots, so Red Tiger decided to create an England-themed one. The game action is set on an English road. The slot itself has a cartoonish design. It is a 5-reel, 40-payline title playable across desktop and mobile devices and accepting bets between 0.20 and £200 per spin.
The low-value symbols are represented by A to J letters. The higher paying symbols are a motorcycle helmet, a wallet, an opened suitcase crammed with money, a key, and a ghetto blaster. The suitcase is the best paying symbol. Land five identical symbols on a payline and you will get 15 times your stake.
What makes the Spin Town stand out from the crowd is the presence of 15 (!) wild symbols. Each of the character symbols appearing at the sides of the road acts as a wild. Depending on how many of them you land (3, 4, or 5), you win 2, 6 or 20 times your stake. When the green man appears on the crossing lights, the wilds can cross the reels. In addition, there are other wild symbols to help you pocket a huge win.
- Sleepy wilds feature – That’s just a name variation for a sticky wild. Two elder citizens fall asleep while crossing the road. The wild stays in place for several consecutive spins thus helping you secure a nice win.
- Speedy wilds feature – 2 youngsters move 2 positions across the reels per every spin
- Couple wilds feature – if the couple meet each other, they turn into a wild umbrella that comes with a 2x multiplier.
- Rock N Roll Shuffle feature – if you land three Rock ‘N’ Roll symbols, four Beatles modelled wilds will be added on the reels. These wilds can cross the screen up to 10 times
- Guardsmen’s March feature – if you land three guardsman symbols, the Guardsmen March feature is triggered. You will see 1×2 wild guardsmen crossing the reels from both sides.
- Hooligan Advance feature – the feature is activated when you land 3 kick off symbols in one spin. Clustered stacked wilds (Hooligans) will cross the street from left to the right and vice versa.
Some of you might consider the Spin Town a silly slot, but our most honest opinion is that it is an oddly charming title. It borrows a little bit of every area of the British culture – from the Beatles and the Royal Guards to the red buses and the football hooligans. The in-game features spice up the gameplay. The variance is pretty low, so is the max payout. The Spin Town has a high hit frequency. You will be paid often but not a lot.
If you are looking for a more volatile new Red Tiger title, we recommend the Pirates’ Plenty.
*The Spin Town can be played from 21 March 2019. We will update this review if necessary once the slot goes live.